Constructing Futures Part 2 Online Event
We held our second webinar in our #ConstructingFutures series on Clean Growth with outstanding contributions from:
· Richard Twinn, Senior Manager & Head of Advancing Net Zero Task Group, UK Green Building Council
· Nigel Banks, Special Projects Director, Ilke Homes
· James Gale, Senior Technical Manager, Morgan Sindall Group
· Richard Davidson, Director, Willmott Dixon
· Dr Robert Iles, Lead Researcher (BRE) , Skills and Training, Construction Innovation Hub
Climate change is undoubtedly one of the greatest challenges of our time. The importance and urgency for the built environment to decarbonise cannot be understated. Buildings are responsible for more than 40% of global energy usage and one third green gas emissions. It is critical that action is taken now to promote a more rapid step change in the construction industry transition to achieve net zero targets.
The video of all the inputs is now available online below.
In January 2021, UCSA is launching a new Construction Site Management Degree Apprenticeship delivered in collaboration with the University of Hertfordshire. Sustainability and Modern Methods of Construction are key themes in this new award. Places are very limited. Find out more details at https://www.uc-sa.co.uk/our-