Executive Director of Higher Education vacancy
The University Campus St Albans (UCSA) is a highly innovative joint venture between the University of Hertfordshire and Oaklands College which was created 8 years ago to widen the educational opportunities for people typically in work.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate to lead UCSA following the impending retirement of the current post holder. The post holder will work extensively with staff at the University and College and report regularly to a Board with senior members of both organisations.
This role provides a unique opportunity to shape the ongoing development of UCSA and further develop innovative programmes to meet the needs of employers and widen access to Higher Education for mature students. UCSA has an exceptional team, excellent relationships with employers and strong collaborative relationships with the University and College.
The successful applicants will have:
- Significant experience of academic leadership and management within Higher Education
- Demonstrable team work skills and the ability to influence others
- In depth knowledge of UK Higher Education systems
- A strong track record in driving through collaborative teaching innovations,
- A passion and commitment to supporting non-traditional learners
- The ability to both lead at a senior level, manage day to day operations and support
- A critical understanding of the role of external stakeholders in academic development and delivery
- A creative entrepreneurial talent towards identifying and developing new business opportunities
This is an excellent opportunity for a senior academic with both a flair for academic management and organisational leadership and a passionate commitment to student achievement.
The successful applicant will need to be in post by March 2021.
Full Time 37 Hours per week (Saturday working as and when required).
35 days annual leave and bank holidays.
Based at the St Albans Campus but travel required to the University of Hertfordshire as and when required.
Please refer to the job description when submitting your application.
If you have any queries, please email Rachel Ziemelis, Senior Recruitment Officer at email: Rachel.Ziemelis@oaklands.ac.uk | Tel: 01727737379
Closing Date: Sunday 8th November 2020
Interviews will take place remotely via Microsoft Teams, shortlisted candidates will be provided with details of the interview after the closing date.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates
Please complete the attached application form and email to Rachel.Ziemelis@oaklands.ac.uk via the apply link
Type / Role: