Our fast track chartered manager degree apprenticeship is a new two year part-time fast track pathway leading to a BA (Hons) in Business and Management for managers and supervisors.
This programme is delivered by the University of Hertfordshire in collaboration with University Campus St Albans (UCSA).
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Make your management experience count by undertaking the Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) course.
- Reduce the length of study on the Degree Apprenticeship from four to two years.
- No formal qualifications needed to apply.
- Designed for both experienced and early career managers.
- Delivered in small workshops over two days each month.
- Regular visits by a tutor to the workplace.
- Professional work experience as a manager or a supervisor normally of at least 2 years.
- Working either at least 30 hours a week or if the apprentice works fewer than 30 hours a week then the overall expected duration of the apprenticeship would be extended to take account of this.
- Successful completion of the APL course.
- GCSE English and Maths (at grade c/4 or equivalent) must be attained by the end of the degree. Applicants who do not have a recognised qualification will be offered support to attain this during the degree, without a charge through our partner organisation Progression 2.
ACCREDITING PRIOR EXPERIENCE
What is APL?
The Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) process provides you with the opportunity to have your management experience assessed and accredited. Many professionals have an extensive range of expertise, skills and knowledge achieved through experiences outside of the formal education and training systems. We have extensive experience in delivering innovative APL courses over the years. The process involves identifying and assessing the learning from your experience by attending a short course and compiling a structured portfolio.
This APL course is delivered over three months (four workshops plus a tutorial). This course must be completed before the entry onto the two year Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship.
DEGREE COURSE STRUCTURE
|Level 5 modules
||Level 6 modules
Please note the University of Hertfordshire is currently amending the course structure for entrants in September 2019 entrants and onwards .
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) units at level 5 below:
- Personal Development as a Manager
- Managing team and Individual performance
- Organisational Financial Management
- Practice of Resource Management
Will be replaced with two modules:
- Managing People
- Analysing Financial Statements
CMI have changed these units for September 2019 onwards and it is no longer possible to include these within the degree.
WHAT IS THE TIME COMMITMENT FOR THE DEGREE APPRENTICESHIP?
The APL short course is delivered over four workshops in a three month period.
The degree programme will be delivered in a blended learning format involving one day a fortnight attendance, typically 20 days each year. This is delivered at both Oakland College, St Albans and the University of Hertfordshire.
Under the apprenticeship rules, employers must commit to enabling the apprentice to have 20% of their time for off the job training, The attendance on the course is a significant part of this commitment and the time also includes a flexible blend of relevant training at work, mentoring support, shadowing, undertaking a work based project, reading and other professional development activities.
WHAT WILL APPEAR ON MY DEGREE CERTIFICATE?
Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Business and Management
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS GAINED:
- CMI level 5 (no longer available for entrants in September 2019 and onwards)
- ILM level 6
- Chartered Manager Status (optional)
FEES AND FUNDING
- The fee for this degree is £16k and will be covered by the apprenticeship levy.
- Apprentices are not directly liable for any tuition fees.
Please email Stephen.email@example.com, the Director of Higher Education, to find out more.
You can also contact us by calling on 01727 737403 or apply by filling in the online form https://www.uc-sa.co.uk/apply-online/