Our fast track chartered manager degree apprenticeship (validation and accreditation pending) is a new two year part-time fast track pathway leading to a BA (Hons) in Business and Management for managers and supervisors.
This programme is delivered by the University of Hertfordshire in collaboration with University Campus St Albans (UCSA).
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- A unique opportunity to get an exemption from 50% towards this fast track degree programme can be achieved in only 4 months by completing the required Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) route and this is completely free.
- Degree awarded as BA (Hons) Business and Management by the University of Hertfordshire
- Dual accreditation with Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) and Chartered Management Institute (CMI) – therefore you will also gain the following professional qualifications on completion of the degree course:
- ILM Level 6
- CMI Level 5
- Opportunity to attain the Chartered Manager status
- This apprenticeship degree fees are covered by the government levy through the employer therefore there are no costs for the employer or the employee.
WHO IS IT FOR?
using the government apprenticeship levy
in management and supervisory roles
ACCREDITING PRIOR EXPERIENCE
What is APL?
UCSA recognises that many professionals have an extensive range of expertise, skills and knowledge achieved through experiences outside of the formal education and training systems and we have extensive experience in delivering APL courses over the years.
The Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) process provides you with the opportunity to have your prior experiential learning assessed and accredited as 50% of this degree course.
The process involves identifying and assessing these learning through the admission interview, followed by a classroom group learning course, individual tutor support and a panel review to award credits. This APL course is delivered over 4 months (4 Fridays).
This course must be completed before the entry on the two-year Chartered Management Degree Apprenticeship.
Successful candidates will be awarded of 180 credits towards this BA (Hons) Business and Management and will be ready to continue studying towards their level 6 degree.
DEGREE COURSE STRUCTURE
|Level 5 modules
AND Chartered Management Diploma incorporating the following units:
|Level 6 modules
WHAT IS THE TIME COMMITMENT FOR THE DEGREE APPRENTICESHIP?
The APL short course is delivered over 4 workshops (Fridays, 10am to 4pm) and one tutorial over 4 months, with additional on-line and private study. This is a mandatory short course as it is the bridge into second half of degree is an entry requirement.
The degree programme will be delivered in a blended learning format involving one day a fortnight attendance (20 Fridays each year) at Mansion House (Oakland College, St Albans) and one day a fortnight directed study (this also helps ensure compliance with the 20% off the job training required) with some additional on-line and private study.
Under the apprenticeship rules, employers must commit to enabling the apprentice to have 20% of their time for off the job training, The attendance on the course is a significant part of this commitment, and the remainder of the can include a flexible blend of relevant training at work, mentoring support, shadowing, reading and assessment work related to programme and other professional development activities.
- Professional work experience (normally at least 2 years) in a management or supervisory role.
- Working either at least 30 hours a week or if the apprentice works fewer than 30 hours a week then the overall expected duration of the apprenticeship would be extended to take account of this.
Entry onto the programme is dependent upon successful completion of the APL process.
The employer will need to confirm both their endorsement of the individual’s application to the APL short course and commit to the applicant enrolment onto the Fast track CMDA (funded through the apprenticeship levy with the University of Hertfordshire).
WHAT WILL APPEAR ON MY DEGREE CERTIFICATE?
Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Business and Management
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS GAINED:
- CMI level 5
- ILM level 6 (accreditation pending)
- Chartered Manager Status (optional)
FEES AND FUNDING
- The fees for this degree will be covered by the employer’s government levy. Apprentices are not liable for any tuition fees.
Please email Stephen.email@example.com, the Director of Higher Education, to find out more.
You can also contact us by calling on 01727 737403 or apply by filling in the online form https://www.uc-sa.co.uk/apply-online/